Fried rice is a popular component of Chinese cuisine. It originated as a home dish from China around 4000 BC, made from cold leftover rice fried with other leftover ingredients. It is sometimes served as the penultimate dish in Chinese banquets (just before dessert).
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon msg
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons lard or oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten with a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 85 g (3 oz) small shelled prawns
- 455g(16oz) cold cooked rice
- 115g(1/4 Ib) roast pork,diced
- 4 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- Heat 2 tablespoons lard in wok and scramble beaten eggs.Remove and set aside.
- Heat rest of the lard and fry onions till transparent. Stir-fry prawns, followed by rice.
- Mix A in a bowl and add to the rice, stirfrying all ingredients.
- Add the scrambled eggs and roast pork.Continue to stir-fry over a high heat.Finally add the spring onions. Serve fried rice hot, in a large dish.
炒 饭 fried rice n.
洋 葱 onion n.
对 虾 prawn n.
chǎo jī dàn
炒 鸡 蛋 scrambled eggs n.
烤 肉 roast pork n.